In early 2014 the Center for Urban Education Complete two Equity Scorecard project with the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, which includes 14 four-year institutions. In the Equity Scorecard project a team from CUE worked with each of the campuses to understand and improve their student outcomes, with a focus on equity and a tie-in with the states’ performance based funding initiative.
The Spencer Foundation funded study “Data Use and Organization Learning Under Conditions of Accountability in Higher Education” enables a team of researchers from the Center for Urban Education to go back to Pennsylvania and study the results of the Equity Scorecard process.
An project advisory group met in October 2014. The advisory group members are:
- David Longanecker, President,Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education
- Michael Bastedo, Associate Professor, University of Michigan
- Stella Flores, Associate Professor, Vanderbuilt University
- James T. Minor, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Higher Education Programs, Office of Postsecondary Education, U.S. Department of Education
- Anna Neumann, Professor of Higher Education, Columbia University
- John Morgan, Chancellor, Tennessee Board of Regents
- Dominique, Vice President, Alliance State Relations, Complete College America
- Travis Reindl, Senior Program Officer, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation